Welcome!
Hello and a warm welcome!
It's been a long time in the making in my head, but here it finally is for real.. my crafty adventures blog.
Let me introduce myself:
I am Cindy or the "chick" from Chickandeggcreations, and I've come here to share lots of crafty ideas and everyday musings with you.
Most of all I'm here to inspire you, to spread positive thoughts and to show you that little things matter.
You see, I don't like to say it, because I really don't want it to be the defining characteristic about me, but it is inescapable, so here it is: I'm chronically ill.
For a long time, this has been the hardest thing to come to terms with. Like so many others who are in the same position, I kept on focusing on the limitations, on what I had lost. Consumed by frustrations and an awful and totally unjustified sense of guilt, I spent days, weeks, months, even years robbing myself of so much more quality of life than the illness ever could do on its own.
In short: I enabled my biggest fear to come true and take a hold of my life: I allowed the illness to consume every aspect of my life and I let it define me.
But, a good while ago, I have managed to turn over a new leaf, helped by my love of crafting and all things creative. And let me tell you, that feels so good! So, I want to share this good feeling. If you are in the same situation, I really hope that I can help you to start feeling better about yourself and the shape of your life. However, this is not going to be a blog that focuses on chronic illness! I am planning to make this all about simple happiness, finding joy in little things, making and creating.
It doesn't matter if you are healthy or not, if you are interested in making things, if you love colours and discovering new materials and crafts or if you are just curious and want to just join me on my journey, then be welcome to come along, there's a lot in store for us...
I'll tell you all about my first plans next time! 😊
Catch you soon,
Chick x
It's been a long time in the making in my head, but here it finally is for real.. my crafty adventures blog.
Let me introduce myself:
I am Cindy or the "chick" from Chickandeggcreations, and I've come here to share lots of crafty ideas and everyday musings with you.
Most of all I'm here to inspire you, to spread positive thoughts and to show you that little things matter.
You see, I don't like to say it, because I really don't want it to be the defining characteristic about me, but it is inescapable, so here it is: I'm chronically ill.
For a long time, this has been the hardest thing to come to terms with. Like so many others who are in the same position, I kept on focusing on the limitations, on what I had lost. Consumed by frustrations and an awful and totally unjustified sense of guilt, I spent days, weeks, months, even years robbing myself of so much more quality of life than the illness ever could do on its own.
In short: I enabled my biggest fear to come true and take a hold of my life: I allowed the illness to consume every aspect of my life and I let it define me.
But, a good while ago, I have managed to turn over a new leaf, helped by my love of crafting and all things creative. And let me tell you, that feels so good! So, I want to share this good feeling. If you are in the same situation, I really hope that I can help you to start feeling better about yourself and the shape of your life. However, this is not going to be a blog that focuses on chronic illness! I am planning to make this all about simple happiness, finding joy in little things, making and creating.
It doesn't matter if you are healthy or not, if you are interested in making things, if you love colours and discovering new materials and crafts or if you are just curious and want to just join me on my journey, then be welcome to come along, there's a lot in store for us...
I'll tell you all about my first plans next time! 😊
Catch you soon,
Chick x
Comments
Post a Comment